Sunday, March 18, 2007

Response to Anne Lamott's essay

Here I am sitting in my room thinking how to respond to this theme. Thousand thoughts cross my mind: what to write first, how to write an introduction and everything else that comes after it, how to put my thoughts and emotions on a piece of paper.
These thoughts are confronting each other. One is saying write this, the other is saying write that. There is a mess in my head. I'm trying to make a pact between these two currents of whom each is pulling on it's side, I'm trying to take a part of each and make them work as one.
It seems that this plan of mine, plan of reconciliation of two confronted sides is working after all because I can feel that there is some structure forming in my head. I'm slowly putting this structure, my united thoughts, my emotions on a piece of paper. I'm writing the first sentence then another and another and so on.
Suddenly I realize that this way of writing isn't the way I would like to use, that I'm not on the wright track, that I'm not writing about the thing I would really like to write about, about that, that is in my imagination, but I also realize that without these previously three written pages I wouldn't come to something, as Anne says "...that is so beautiful or wild that you now know what you're supposed to be writing about, more or less, or in what direction you might go..."
With this new idea on my mind, new gained experience, direction I'm starting to write again, to write in a direction in which my imagination leads me and for which I'm sure is the right one.

No comments: