Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Picture/Photo

When I look at this this photo, I think about prom night, about that whole day, about all the people which came to see us, graduates, I think about how cold it was and how nervous I was.
A story that this picture prompts me to remember is my prom night, and that story goes like this.

The beginning of the prom night was at 8.00 o'clock. We, the students had to gather at 7.30 on Musala, a square in the centre of Mostar. When I came there, there were many people, many other students that were celebrating the end of high school. Everyone was dressed really nice: girls were wearing dresses and boys suits. Weather was at first warm but then it got windy. My first impression when I got out of the car was: "Oh, My God how much people". I was very nervous, especially because we had to walk in a row with our partner between the crowd. I had a feeling that the crowd was watching our every move so I had to be very careful, especially with the dress because of the wind.

When we came to the hotel the first thing we had to was to take a photo alone and with our partner. When my turn came to take a picture I was terrified, nervous and confused. In front of me stood a photographer and behind him a long row of other students waiting to be photographed. In that moment I felt like I wasn't there, more accurately, like my body was there but my thoughts were somewhere else.

When that part with the photos ended I was relieved. I went to the hotel and waited for the party to begin. As the night passed we had nice time dancing, joking, smiling, simply enjoying our last high school days.

  • For me, things that have changed are:
I'm now on faculty, next to old I also have some new friends, there are no more those people from high school that are always teasing you, now I have some new teachers, better ones and also one thing that has changed is that I don't have a pet anymore.

  • Things that I know now, that I didn't know when this photo was taken are: there are many cruel people in the world which bother if you are happy, which are jealous on you and your life, there are people that are not like your parents (wanting you only the best). But also there are those which are good, which want you all the luck of the world, which would share the last bite of bread with you. I know now that you should enjoy and smile every day and not let anyone hurt you, I know that I have every right to express my opinion as anyone else in the class, I know that after rain always comes Sun and I also know what quintessential and exuberant mean.

  • What does this picture say about me that I didn't expect?

It says that I can look nice in a dress.

















No comments: